LOCAL MEAT & EGGS
Our Farm Stand is open for walk-ins and we also have appointments available. We are excited to offer our customers a great variety of local meats: beef, pork, whole roasting chickens, cut up chickens and eggs. Call the office for current product availability. If you are only able to come by on Tuesday or Thursday, please arrange for an appointment so we may help you. We continue to operate with social distancing and if someone already inside, please wait until they exit the door under the green awning. We are also glad to provide curbside pick up if you specify that when you call.
Orders are taken each day for pick up on the same day. Any items not picked up will be returned to stock. You may walk-in to learn what we have during meat shop hours if you are unable to call ahead.
Sides of Beef or Pork
We also sell sides of beef or pork. For $5 per pound, you pay us to raise your animal right here at the farm. We take a deposit to hold your side of beef or pork and balance bill you once we learn the hot hanging weight from the butcher. We provide you with the cutting instruction sheet and you communicate directly with the local butcher to have the side cut to your specifications. You pay the butcher directly for cut and wrap when you pick up your meat at their location.
Local, Hormone-Free, Pasture-Raised
At Toplands Farm, we have been raising hormone-free beef on the farm’s pastures in Roxbury, Connecticut for family and friends for over forty years. Our cattle graze the pristine pastures with access to all healthy grasses the property offers. Pasture-raising allows the cattle to gain weight naturally throughout the year. We supplement these rich grasses with Toplands Farm grown hay and a small quantity of protein-rich grain, resulting in a final product that is healthy, tender, and great tasting.
Our beef is slaughtered and butchered in a local USDA-inspected facility in Connecticut, dry-aged for twelve to twenty-eight days, packaged in vacuum cryovac, labeled for cut and weight, and frozen. By utilizing local facilities we can have our beef on your table less than five weeks after it left the pasture. Our butcher judges each carcass to determine the amount of time that animal hangs before cutting it to our specifications.
We take great pride in sharing our beef with those who appreciate the craftsmanship that goes into raising beef in this manner and are committed to supporting local farms. Each steak, roast or burger patty represents a piece of our farm, our family and our fields reaching your table. We hope that you enjoy it as much as we do!
- Brisket (Whole or half) $11.00/lb.
- Frankfurters (8) without nitrites or nitrates $13.00/pkg.
- Ground Beef $8.00/lb.
- Ground Chuck $9.50/lb.
- Ground Sirloin $11.00/lb.
- 1/4 lb. or 1/3 lb. Hamburger Patties (4-pack) $9.50/lb.
- Liverwurst (3/4 lb. bulb) $7.00/pkg.
- Heart / Tongue / Kidney $7.00/lb.
- Ox Tail / Liver $7.00/lb.
- Roasts – Bottom Round, Chuck, Eye Round, Rump, Shoulder, Chuck and Petite Tender, Sirloin Tip, Spoon, Top Round $10.00/lb.
- Bones $4.00/lb.
- Shank $9.00/lb. (available center cut or whole boneless)
- Short Ribs – available in flanken or traditional – $9.00/lb.
- Steak: Cube $10.00/lb.
- Steak: Filet – Tenderloin $28.00/lb.
- Steak: Flank $17.00/lb.
- Steak: Flap Meat (Sirloin Tip) $12.00/lb.
- Steak: Flat Iron $17.00/lb.
- Steak: Hanger $17.00/lb.
- Steak: NY Strip $24.00/lb.
- Steak: Porterhouse $25.00/lb.
- Steak: Ribeye $24.00/lb.
- Steak: Ribeye – tomahawk style – $24.00/lb.
- Steak: Sirloin – sirloin tip, sirloin cap or center cut sirloin $16.00/lb.
- Steak: Skirt $17.00/lb.
- Steak: Tri Tip (whole) $17.00/lb.
- Steak: Vegas Strip Steak $16.00/lb.
- Stew Meat $9.00/lb.
We are raising Berkshire Pigs! This English heritage breed is renowned for its richness, texture, marbling, juiciness, tenderness and overall depth of flavor. Our Berkshires are fed vegetables from the garden, Toplands Farm grown hay, and protein rich grains.
- Bacon: Regular CURED or UNCURED $14.00/lb.
- Belly: Fresh (available by special order) $13.00/lb.
- Feet $4.00/lb.
- Ground Pork $9.00/lb.
- Ham: Fresh (UNSMOKED) Bone-In $10.00/lb. Boneless $11.00/lb.
- Hocks: Fresh $10.00/lb.
- Jowl: Fresh $10.00/lb.
- Jowl: SMOKED Bacon $11.00/lb.
- Kidney / Heart / Tongue $6.00/lb.
- Chop: Loin (Bone-In) $15.00/lb.
- Chop: Loin Boneless $16.00/lb.
- SMOKED LOIN: Chops or “Canadian” Bacon $17.00/lb.
- Ribs: Baby Back $16.00/lb.
- Ribs: Country Style or Spare $15.00/lb.
- Roast: Loin (Bone-In) $15.00/lb.
- Roast: Loin Boneless $16.00/lb.
- Roast: Picnic (Bone-In) Lower Shoulder $14.00/lb.
- Roast: Boston Butt (Bone-In) Upper Shoulder $14.00/lb.
- Roast: Boston Butt (Boneless) Upper Shoulder $15.00/lb.
- Sausage: GROUND Breakfast, Italian (hot or sweet) $12.00/lb.
- Sausage: LINK Breakfast / Italian (hot or sweet) / Knockwurst / Bratwurst / Andouille $13.00/lb.
- Sausage: ROPE Kielbasa UNCURED $14.00/lb.
- Stew Meat (out of the shoulder) $11.00/lb (Special order only)
- Tenderloin $24.00/lb.
Chicken & Eggs
We raise small batches of meat birds and sell cut up and whole roasting chickens when they grow up. Come see our “farm-tastic” mobile coop when it is warm. The ladies live in the barn in the winter months when it is colder.
- Chicken (whole roasting hens) $8.00/lb. Cut up chickens are $9.00/lb.
- Eggs $5/dz. Jumbo eggs, $7/dz.
Mon., Wed. & Friday 12-4pm
Saturdays 10am – 4pm
To check if any CSA shares are available, please call us at (860) 354-0649. Our renewal follows the calendar quarter. Pick up is the second weekend of the month.